Sweet potato and chorizo are two of my favourite things so I was excited to try out a recipe with the two combined.
If you’re looking for a quick, nutritious tea then this dish is perfect. I know chorizo is not the healthiest of meats to add to a soup but it gives the dish an abudance of flavour and also makes it a perfect treat meal without being too guilty.
Here’s the recipe for sweet potato and chorizo soup which I made earlier this week and it was truly delicious and very simple to make.
What you need:
– Vegetable oil
– 2 large sweet potato
– four garlic cloves
– 1 large red onion
– 500g uncooked chorizo
– 750ml chicken stock
What to do:
– Start by chopping the sweet potato and red onion in to large chunks.
– In a pre-heated oven of about 200C put the potato, onion and unpeeled garlic cloves in to a roasting tin, sprinkle the oil over and roast for about 25 minutes until soft.
– Whilst the veg is cooking, cut the chorizo in to chunks and fry off, keeping the juices in the pan to add to the soup later.
– When the veg is cooked, peel the garlic and add it all to a pan.
– Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil before simmering for a couple of minutes.
– Blend (depending on how chunky or smooth you like your soup.
– Add the chorizo and the juices and simmer for a further five minutes.
– Season with pepper and you’re good to go.