If you’re caving a burger but looking for a healthier alternative then this tasty creation is perfect.
Lean turkey mince is lower in saturated fat than beef mince but still makes a proper burger and teamed with these ingredients it’s packed full of flavour.
You will need:
– 500g lean turkey mince
– 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
– 1 red onion, finely chopped
– 1 pepper, finely chopped
– 250g pack of soft apricots, finely chopped
– Black pepper to season
– Oil for brushing
– These burgers could not be easier to make – you basically put all of the ingredients, except for the oil, in to a big bowl before mixing together.
– It’s easiest to mix it all together with your hands to really make sure it’s combined.
– Make six burgers before brushing with oil and putting under the grill.
– Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side until they are thoroughly cooked and the meat is no longer pink.
They really are that simple. I served mine with roasted vegetables but they would be great served in a toasted wholemeal pitta with salad for lunch as well.