A big thank you to Jess Wreford of JCW Nutrition for the nomination for The Liebster Award, a fun way to get bloggers interacting and learn more about each other. It’s the perfect way to meet like minded people, even if it is virtually!
Thanks to Jess’ for outlining the rules for me because this was the first time I had heard of The Libester Award. The rules are simple:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their site.
- Post a total of 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Think of 11 questions to ask for your chosen nominees and link them in the post.
11 facts about me:
I recently wrote a 20 facts about me post which you can find here.
Questions Jess asked me:
1. If you are at University, what do you study and why? If not, what do you do for a living and why
I’m currently working as a trainee reporter for a local newspaper after studying journalism for three years at The University of Sheffield. Ever since I was little I have always loved writing and especially creative writing. One of the best things about my job is that every day is different and you get to meet so many different people from all walks of life. It’s also really exciting at times.
2. If you had to eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
Great question! This is so hard for me because I am literally such a foodie!! I’d have to say peanut butter. Or sausages. Can I have peanut butter and sausages please? And maybe bananas too!?
3. When it comes to your appearance, what is your least favourite and most favourite feature and why?
My least favourite is definitely my teeth. I’ve never really liked them because they’re so big and stick out so much, but I’ve learnt to love them…kind of. I’d say my favourite feature is either my legs or my tummy because my legs are quite long and I think I’ve just been lucky with my tummy.
4. Have you ever broken a body part or injured yourself so you had to go to hospital? Explain your story!
I’ve been really lucky actually because I’ve never broken anything before – touch wood! I did have a bad accident where my mum’s horse stood on my bottom when I was little though and now I’ve had a dent in it ever since. That’s a BIG confession for me because I never tell people that yet here I am declaring it to the bloggersphere!
5. What is your favourite chocolate bar?
You can’t beat a classic Dairy Milk.
6. Are you a coffee person or a tea person and what is your favourite kind of coffee or tea? And if you are neither, why?
As you may have read in my 20 facts about me post, I love coffee. I’m a big fan of a soy cappuccino with chocolate on but I also love instant coffee with a little bit of milk – boring I know. My fav is Nescafe Azera Americano.
7. What would an ideal healthy day consist of for your breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks?
Providing I stick to it, this is technically what most days are meant to be like for me. Breakfast will be eggs & mushrooms or eggs & tomatoes. Lunch would be a salad or chicken and veg. Dinner would be a salad if I hadn’t had one for lunch with sweet potato, rice or salmon, roast veg etc. Just general healthy, clean stuff. Snacks – nuts, banana, protein shake, carrots, beef jerky, anything like that – oh and peanut butter of course! It changes though depending on whether I’m running etc.
8. What is your favourite treat meal/snack?
Thai food! Although I don’t see it as a treat meal because I have it so often. For a proper treat meal I’d say pizza, I love a good pizza. Anything chocolatey always goes down well too of course.
9. If you have a sport, what is it and why?
Running is my sport and has been for as long as I can remember. I’ve only started taking it seriously recently though and I’ve joined a running club to help build on my speed. My goals are to run a marathon in under four hours and a half in under 1.30 – 2015 here we come!
10. Do you have any piercings or tattoos? If so, where and why?
I have my ears and my belly button pierced and I also have some tattoos but they’re staying secret I’m afraid!
11. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging because I wanted to document my training and healthy eating quest. I found that my friends and housemates were getting sick of me talking about my mile splits, how many miles I had to run that weekend and why I wasn’t eating certain foods that week. So I thought I’d blog about it instead and bore the rest of the world with it. I also find it really therapeutic and I love interacting with other bloggers and reading about their journey’s and any tips they have.
Questions for my nominees:
1. If you had to sum yourself up in one sentence, what would it be?
2. What would you say your greatest achievement is so far?
3. If you were to host a dinner party, what would you cook for starter, main and dessert?
4. What is your favourite comfort food?
5. Do you have a favourite exercise to do at the gym/a favourite sport you always resort back to?
6. What are your three main goals/aims you are working towards at the moment or in the near future?
7. In your opinion, what is the best thing about blogging?
8. If you had to give three tips to someone who was thinking of starting a blog, what would they be and why?
9. Describe your “dream” holiday.
10. Are you more of a sweet or savoury person? Why?
11. What would be your ideal date?
Bloggers I nominate are:
And @Elle_phanty as soon as she gets her blog up and running 🙂