I love breakfast!
Weekend breakfasts – and breakfasts in general – are my absolute favourite thing to make and eat! Here’s a little recipe I rustled up at the weekend in less than 20 minutes. Not only is it great for slow releasing energy (slow carb) but it’s got good fats from the avocado, protein in the eggs and beans and loads of fibre and vitamins in the green veggies. Cereal? No thank you! 🙂 Seriously, this was super tasty and a welcome addition to my breakfast menu.
You will need: (to feed two hungry people!)
– 1 can borlotti beans
– 1 ripe avocado
– 1 lime
– Handful of sundried tomatoes
– Sprinkle of chopped coriander
– Eggs (I used 5)
– Tenderstem broccoli
– Pepper to season
– 1tsp coconut oil
– Start by heating the coconut oil in a large frying pan and add the chopped chorizo.
– Next add the broccoli and stir-fry until cooked before adding the spinach. In a bowl whisk the eggs & then pour into the frying pan. Stir slowly as the eggs scramble. Add the pepper for seasoning.
– In a separate pan empty the can of borlotti beans in and heat until warm.
– To make the avocado mash peel an avocado and mash it up using a fork. Then add the chopped sundried tomatoes and the juice of one lime.
– Serve in a big bowl with a sprinkling of coriander on top and voilà, done!
Tag me in your creations using #hannahshappypace