If you follow me on Instagram or Snapchat you’ll know just how often I eat egg scrambles – I love them!
Not only are they super tasty but they’re also seriously nutritious and a great way to brighten up your breakfast.
Here are just some of the reasons why you should consider whipping up a scramble for breakfast…
- Eggs are an inexpensive protein source which will help you to feel fuller for longer. The egg white is also full of minerals including zinc, vitamin D and vitamin B12.
- If you’re following a low carb plan or opting for a low carb breakfast on a rest day for example, then an egg scramble is perfect.
- You can add anything! Egg scrambles are a fantastic way to get your vegetables in early and therefore make a highly nutritious breakfast, packed full of fibre and vitamins.
- They’re easy and quick to make with very little washing up!
- You can turn it in to a breakfast burrito for a delicious post workout meal of a balance of carbs, protein and fats.
I could go on and on but instead I’ll let you rustle one up for yourself.
– 1 tsp coconut oil
– 2 eggs (for 1 person)
– ALL the veggies! Throw anything in! Some of my favourites include asparagus, kale, leeks and sundried tomatoes.
– Cracked black pepper for seasoning and a dollop of Meridian’s PB to finish – optional but highly recommended!
– On a medium to high heat, melt the coconut oil in a non stick frying pan.
– Roughly chop your chosen vegetables and add them to the pan to soften slightly.
– In a bowl, beat your eggs with a fork and then add them to the pan, stirring with a wooden spoon until cooked.
There you have it, an egg scramble rusted up in no more than 10 minutes!
What do you like to add to yours? Tweet me your creations @HannahBryan91 or tag me on Instagram using #Hannahshappypace
One thought on “How to make the perfect egg scramble ”
Pingback: A morning routine to win the AM in the New Year! | All Things Movement