If you follow me on Instagram or Snapchat you’ll know just how often I eat egg scrambles – I love them!
Not only are they super tasty but they’re also seriously nutritious and a great way to brighten up your breakfast.
Here are just some of the reasons why you should consider whipping up a scramble for breakfast…
- Eggs are an inexpensive protein source which will help you to feel fuller for longer. The egg white is also full of minerals including zinc, vitamin D and vitamin B12.
- If you’re following a low carb plan or opting for a low carb breakfast on a rest day for example, then an egg scramble is perfect.
- You can add anything! Egg scrambles are a fantastic way to get your vegetables in early and therefore make a highly nutritious breakfast, packed full of fibre and vitamins.
- They’re easy and quick to make with very little washing up!
- You can turn it in to a breakfast burrito for a delicious post workout meal of a balance of carbs, protein and fats.
I could go on and on but instead I’ll let you rustle one up for yourself.
You will need:
– 1 tsp coconut oil
– 2 eggs (for 1 person)
– ALL the veggies! Throw anything in! Some of my favourites include asparagus, kale, leeks and sundried tomatoes.
– Cracked black pepper for seasoning and a dollop of Meridian’s PB to finish – optional but highly recommended!
– On a medium to high heat, melt the coconut oil in a non stick frying pan.
– Roughly chop your chosen vegetables and add them to the pan to soften slightly.
– In a bowl, beat your eggs with a fork and then add them to the pan, stirring with a wooden spoon until cooked.
There you have it, an egg scramble rusted up in no more than 10 minutes!
What do you like to add to yours? Tweet me your creations @HannahBryan91 or tag me on Instagram using #Hannahshappypace
Egg scramble breakfast burrito topped with PB
You can go right ahead and file this one under #cleantreats.
Finding a sweet treat to satisfy that after dinner craving when you’re an avid follower of a clean eating plan can be a daily battle.
But treating yourself after dinner needn’t be such a struggle anymore. Whilst having an active weekend with my best friend and fellow clean eater, (dancing until it was too painful to walk in our heels and trying out fun new exercises at the gym), we discovered the perfect sweet treat – minus the sugar, chocolate and all of the other bad things we tend to avoid.
All you need is two eggs (one whole egg and one egg white) and three scoops of protein powder. We tried vanilla and chocolate but they would work with any.
Add a little bit of coconut oil to a pan after creating your pancake “batter” – add some water to the mix if it is too glooopy – and pour a small amount in to the pan. Basically, you make them the same way as any other pancakes!
It genuinely is that simple (although it did take us a few tries to perfect them but by the fifth pancake we had definitely mastered it.
Check it out…
Chocolate protein pancake with stewed plums and frozen berries.
Chocolate protein pancake – it was tastier than it looks, promise!
We topped ours with stewed plums (courtesy of Liana’s fantastic mum Anne) and frozen fruit. Not only did they satisfy our sweet tooth but we got our protein hit too, an ideal combination.
The rest of the weekend was as usual centred around food and exercise so I thought I’d share some of the other creations we made. Check them out on the next post.