Don’t let the colour put you off; looks can be deceiving because these pancakes are delicious!
They are also the perfect post workout second breakfast, providing all you need to recover after a tough session. Add a scoop of protein powder for extra gains!
You will need:
– Couple of handfuls of spinach
– 1 cup oats
– 2 eggs
– 1 banana
– 1 tbsp honey
– 1 tsp coconut oil
– Put everything (apart from the coconut oil) into a blender and blitz until well mixed/similar to that of a thick pancake consistency.
– In your best, non-stick frying pan, heat the coconut oil on a medium-high heat. Using a ladle, or something similar, pour a spoonful into the pan and cook like normal pancakes. Flip halfway through as they begin to darken. Once cooked, start the next one and so on until the mixture is all gone!
That’s it, post workout green pancakes, it’s as simple as that! Top with whatever you fancy – my favourite is another banana and some Meridian’s smooth peanut butter – delicious!
Let me know if you give these a go! Enjoy 🙂
This is my version of the classic Mexican breakfast, Huevos Rancheros. If you haven’t heard of it before, it’s basically a bowl full of tasty, fiery goodness. It makes the perfect weekend breakfast or post training brunch.
You will need:
– 1 tin of borlotti beans (drained)
– 1 handful of coriander (chopped)
– 1 red chili (de-seeded and chopped)
– 1 tin chopped tomatoes
– 1 red onion (chopped)
– 1 clove of garlic (chopped)
– 2 handfuls of kale
– 4 eggs
– 1 avocado (optional)
– 2 wholemeal tortilla wraps (optional)
– 1 handful asparagus (chopped)
– 1 red pepper (chopped)
– 1 lime
– Coconut oil
– Add a little coconut oil to a large frying pan and allow it to melt on a medium heat. Add the chopped onion, garlic and chili and saute until they begin to soften.
– Next, add the red pepper, kale and asparagus and cook until they begin to soften. While the vegetables are cooking, turn the grill on.
– Add the borlotti beans and chopped tomatoes and then turn the heat down slightly. Leave to simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
– Cut the wraps in to triangle tortilla crisp shapes and place on a baking tray under the grill for about 2 minutes each side, basically until they crisp up. This can happen pretty quickly though so keep your eye on them!
– Once the tortilla chips are done, add the coriander to the frying pan along with the juice of the lime. Then, crack the eggs into the pan on top of the bean mix and place the frying pan under the grill until the eggs are cooked. They should resemble fried eggs. It’s up to you whether you want to leave them runny or not.
– Once cooked, dish up in to bowls and top with avocado. Dip in your tortilla chips and enjoy!
Tag me in your Huevos Rancheros creations using #hannahshappypace on Twitter @HannahBryan91 or @Hbryan91 on Instagram