Time for some blogger loving!
This afternoon I was Tweeted by Jess Wreford (@jcwnutrition) who writes a fantastic blog documenting her fitness and nutrition journey. Jess encouraged myself and fellow bloggers @ashjvella @alexbakero @ThomasGudgeon @SpamellaB @BeiFit @hookedonhv @healthjenblog and @fabgiovanetti to write 20 facts about ourselves.
After reading Jess’ I wasted no time in starting mine and it felt quite therapeutic to write actually. So here goes…
20 facts about me 🙂
1) I’m 22 and have been working as a trainee journalist for the past year after spending three years at the University of Sheffield studying journalism.
2) #poweredbypeanutbutter – I am ADDICTED to peanut butter, in particular Meridian Foods peanut butter and will put it on just about anything.
3) I once ate a kilo of peanut butter in just three days.
4) I’m a runner and have completed four half-marathons – my PB is 1 hour 39 and I’m hoping to get that down to 1.28 by early next year.
5) I am currently training for my first marathon – the Yorkshire Plusnet marathon on October 12 and I am hoping to run it in under four hours.
6) I recently joined a running club, the Knavesmire Harriers, to help work on m y speed and endurance and I love it.
7) I LOVE fun facts – if you’ve got any fun/quirky facts hit me up!
8) I’m a huge fan of adventures, so much so that I even have the word ‘adventure’ tattooed on me in Nepalese.
9) In 2011 I trekked to Everest Base Camp with a group of students from university for a charity called Childreach International.
10) I recently started CrossFit at CrossFit Jorvik and I’m already addicted to it. I’ve also seen the benefits of doing CrossFit in my running.
11) The majority of my wages goes on food for new recipes or trainers – I have lots of trainers both for working out and just for day wear– my Nike Airs are my babies!
12) Every morning when I get to work I drink two coffees, with a little bit of milk, no sugar, in quick succession.
13) My favourite time of day to run is either first thing in the morning before everyone else is awake or in the rain.
14) I love lazy mornings at the weekend before heading out on a long run and my ideal breakfast in bed would be smoked salmon, poached eggs, spinach, big mushrooms and really good brown toast.
15) I advocate a healthy, balanced lifestyle. My friend Liana has the motto of healthy body, healthy mind and I completely agree. I love treats and never deprive myself of anything.
16) Health and fitness wise I’m learning how to fuel my body properly and I’m on a mission to get stronger and faster. Strong is the new skinny after all.
17) I work-out about 5-6 times a week with a mixture of running and CrossFit.
18) I’m going to be an auntie next year and I’ve already told my sister that I’m going to teach the baby to run really fast.
19) I was a cheerleader for two years at university and took part in competitions alongside my friend Becca.
20) I run simply because I love it. I find running therapeutic and I have found that there’s not much that a good hill sprint session or a 10K can’t solve. For me it’s also about feeling healthy and full of energy and to know that you’re looking after your body to the best that you can.